For sure we can say that the Małopolska is a perfect place to develop business. Why? Let’s check a few facts about Małopolska.
WHY MAŁOPOLSKA REGION?
- we are European Entrepreneurial Region 2016. The award is granted to the regions with the most future-oriented “visions of entrepreneurship development”. Each year only three European regions receive that prestigious title and Małopolska is the first Polish region to be awarded,
- we have a high potential for scientific research and Kraków is the 2nd largest R&D centre in Poland,
- we are a higher education center with 31 colleges and universities (21 in Kraków itself) including the Jagiellonian University (the oldest university in Poland, founded in 1364), Krakow University of Economics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow University of Technology and Pedagogical University of Krakow,
- in our region there is nearly 180.000 students among whom almost 9 thousand study IT. Each year we have over 50.000 graduates. That is one of the reasons why such IT companies as ComArch, ABB, Ericpol, Luxoft, HSBC, GE, Grupa Onet or Grupa Interia operate in Krakow,
- the working-age population is almost 1.4 million,
- we offer an attractive infrastructure facilities. In Małopolska are located innovative hubs where your business can grow and be developed. One of them is Małopolska Information Technology Park (MITP). MITP offers state-of-the-art labs, office spaces and vast range of trainings, information and consulting opportunities for IT sector businesses,
- if you run a company or just want to know more about creative industries, you are welcomed to join our start-up community. Kraków ranks 2nd in Poland as far as localizations for start-ups are considered – 16% of Polish start-ups come from Kraków. Start-up community is evidenced not only by successful companies but also by the vast range of activities – nearly 600 events every year. That’s why the Małopolska Region has been implementing the Programme “Małopolska – where technology becomes business” since 2013, which serves meetings and technology events organized in the whole region,
- in our region inhabitants actively use e-tools and e-services offered by the city of Kraków, including for example: the Electronic Public Services System in the Municipality of Kraków, myKRK mobile application, KMKBike.
We are focused on development. Our goal is to make Małopolska an attractive place to live, work and spend free time but also an European region of knowledge, strong with universal values and identity. Małopolska offers wide range of opportunities for its inhabitants. Mix of our heritage and modern economy is strong inspiration for socio-economic growth.